THREE SERVICE OPTIONS
You Don’t Lift a Paw!
Our team of professional movers will take care of every aspect of your move from start to finish. We will bring all the necessary materials to pack and prep your contents.
Your Mastiff crew will:
- Pack all your boxes: all contents of your kitchen, bathroom and hallway cabinets, bedroom closets and dresser drawers, all loose home accessories and wall art, and all loose contents of your garage. Fragile items will be meticulously wrapped and protected.
- Prep all your furniture: blanket wrap and plastic stretch wrap all furniture pieces and plastic wrap all sofas.
- Mattresses will be placed in plastic mattress covers.
- Disassemble furniture: all beds and dressers with mirrors. Remove glass or wooden shelving from china hutches, armoires, bookshelves and cabinets.
- Dismount TVs: remove from wall as directed.
- Load contents, transport to destination and unload. Furniture and packed boxes to be placed as directed.
- Reassemble furniture
- Remount TVs: Attach to wall as directed.
Need more help getting settled?
We also offer:
- unpacking services
- removal of empty boxes
- home organizational services!
Running with the Big Dogs
You pack all the boxes. Your Mastiff crew will do everything else.
Pick up your own packing materials and be ‘packed and ready to go’ on move day.
Your Mastiff crew will:
- Bring all the blankets, plastic stretch wrap and mattress covers.
- Prep all your furniture
- Load all your packed boxes and furniture.
- Unload all at destination and place furniture as directed.
- Reassemble your beds.
You Deserve a Treat
You pack all the boxes and move all the small stuff yourself.
Your Mastiff crew will:
- ‘Just move big stuff’
We recommend that you start prepping for your move as soon as possible.
- Declutter by donating or selling unwanted furniture or items
- Organize your belongings
- Pack essential items in an overnight bag – toiletries, medication, cell chargers, etc.
- Contain pets in a safe space or relocate them offsite at a friend or family member’s home
- Clear pathways so the moving crew can easily maneuver inside your home
- If you plan on packing your own boxes…be packed and ready to go.
All loose items are packed in boxes and ready for the crew to load into the truck.
- boxes are packed all the way to the top, taped shut and clearly labeled.
- remove all clothing from dresser drawers and leave drawers inside of the dressers.
If your goal is to lower the cost of your move, here are some suggestions:
- declutter your home before move day. When in doubt…throw it out.
- pack your own boxes and be ‘packed and ready to go’ on move day.
- choose a staging area for all your packed boxes and place them there.
- transport all odd-sized/shaped items in your personal vehicle, on or before move day. Items such as table lamps, floor lamps, unusual accessories or art, musical instruments, potted plants, etc. Moving these types of items on your own will cut costs for you.
- disassemble furniture ahead of time and place hardware in labeled Ziploc bag and keep it with the furniture piece it belongs to.
- dismount TVs from wall prior to move day. Pack in new TV box if you do not have the original manufacturer’s box.
- Keep pathways clear so crew can easily maneuver through the house
Yes. Mastiff Moving will skillfully prep, pack and move all of your special items including: bulky or excessively heavy furniture, grandfather clocks, pianos, gym equipment, sporting goods, safes or appliances. During your video walk-through, please let us know of any specialty items you want us to move.
No. Mastiff Moving will not disconnect or reconnect any appliances or light fixtures.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring the water line on their washing machine and fridge is disconnected and water is completely drained from the line prior to our arrival.
- Customer is responsible for dismounting light fixtures from ceilings or walls.
Mastiff Moving will not accept hazardous items that are
combustible, corrosive, explosive, or flammable. Hazardous materials, as
defined by the US Secretary of Transportation, are not accepted for shipping.
Here is a list of some of the most common household items that are considered
- Combustible liquids: rubbing alcohol, motor oil, antifreeze compounds.
- Corrosives: acids, drain cleaners, photographic acids used in developing film, bleach, batteries, water purifying agents used in swimming pools.
- Explosives: fireworks, small arms ammunition, flash bulbs.
- Flammables: lighter fluid, matches, wood oil stains,petrol-chemical based garden sprays, paint or varnish, paint or varnish removers, butane/propane/gasoline (garden equipment), signal flares, charcoal briquettes.
- Compressed gases: aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, scuba diving tanks.